What is the purpose of this blog?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Thursday, July 3, 2008

26 Learning Games to Change the World

When I saw the title I was intrigued, but it wasn't until I read the article detailing the games did I stand up and take serious notice. From "Darfur is Dying" to "Whack TB" and "World Without Oil" or "Climate Change" and more I was impressed by the seriousness of the topics covered. Now you can participate in a political adventure, learn to fight TB, donate rice to the United Nations World Food Program, save lives from malaria, role-play what it's like growing up in poverty and even more. Plus they're all free and browser based. Nothing to pay and nothing to install. Check it out HERE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the mention. These are indeed great games - it was good to find that there are so many out there. On the hunt now for massive multi-player games (MMOG) for change, so if you or any of your readers know of any, please comment on the post or send me an e-mail at jcobb_at_missiontolearn.com. - Jeff